Name: Nex

In-Character Name(s): Nex (CG SGT)

Discord Username: Nex#6104

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:183798454

Time Zone: GMT

General Questions

Punishments: Nope

Microphone: Yes

Playtime: No idea, played pretty actively like a year and a half ago but drifted off cuz i had other things to do :c

Predicted Activity: probably an hour or so every day, more on weekends. will deffo get higher going into summer (currently in the middle of exams :/)

Previous Event Staff Experience: Senior Event Team on MVG, I think I did some staff stuff here? (may have been event team but I'm fairly sure), Head Event Coordinator and Senior Moderator on Dejure Gaming (like 2019/2020)

Reason to become Event Staff

Mostly for events icl, as I'm a big star wars nerd and I love coordinating big, lore-related events. But, also just being a member of staff is nice as it allows you to help people and support the community

Event Plan

SHIP EVENT: A hologram is received from a small team of scientists engaged on a research expedition. They report their progress has been surprisingly slow, and they request support to resupply and regroup. However, as the Venator enters the research ship's airspace, a large explosion erupts, with the fragments of their research shuttle floating dead in space while the Research Officer and two Research Assistants are flung in their space suits against the Venators hull. While the Assistants are unconscious, and thus Medics take them to be healed, CG apprehend the Research Officer and bring him to be questioned. He reveals that he is working on a prototype EMP, and suspects one of his Assistants is a CIS spy attempting to infiltrate the project. However, as this information is revealed, separatist cruisers emerge from hyperspace and begin an attack. While frontline regiments work to repulse boarding parties and protect the ship- with medics supporting them- CG move to interrogate the now stabilised Assistants while Engineers and Pilots work on protecting and recovering the research ship's carcass and the EMP within in. However, while the Venator intends to keep the experimental EMP at arms length by conducting remote repairs, a bug planted on the bridge overrides these orders, bringing the EMP directly towards the Venator, promptly triggering it and leaving the ship floating dead in space. The research assistants promptly reveal it is in fact the officer who is a traitor, and while CG move to apprehend this assailant for capture and interrogation, CIS boarding efforts intensify. However, these dire circumstances are ultimately relieved by the engineers, who either by reconfiguring the EMP to operate as a power source or by fixing the EMPs technical limitations to redirect it at the CIS, and thus the Republic claims victory, having either captured or executed a CIS sleeper agent, and having seriously weakened their naval forces.

Extra Information

I would add that I'm coming back to gmod swrp for the first time in a while, so some of my more technical admin skills might be a bit in need of refreshing. Obvs, in light of that I totally get if you'd prefer someone more ready to just jump in and support the server going into launch with all those skills already in mind.

image.png.62d1d916f76cbbce8c0a0d982de22a94.png

On behalf of the Staff Team, we have decided to Accept your application, and would like to welcome you.

Your mentor will be Senior Moderator Boom.

Welcome to the team!

• Jaul locked this topic