ARC alpha-nullington changes

Siren Head

ARC alpha-nullington changes

In-Game Name: ARC CMDR Bullfrog

Suggestion: 

- Part 1 -

- Change current 'Senior ARCs' to 'Alpha ARCs':
- Add an Alpha ARC job for each reg (either under reg tab or arc tab to keep more clean, dont matter rlly aslong as inherits reg job color) with 1 slot.
- These Alpha jobs would be exact copy of current reg arc jobs but would also inherit the reg LT peice of equipment, for each reg this would be:
501st - RPS
21st - nothing? atm
41st - NT-242
CG - heartbeat sensor (ideally make a copy version of westar for CG Alpha job with heartbeat attachment added instead of DC-15a lt+ but either kinda works)
327th - det packs
^ This works the same as every other lt+ spec job and is regimental equipment, if is too op for us, is too op for them.

- With this, in character 'Alpha' rank would obviously become lt+, isn't like that currently with senior, would additionally replace numbers in name with 'A-##'. Should also be noted would be a max of 2 Alphas universally, same as with seniors now, so would only ever have 2 ppl in reg alpha arc jobs at once, whatever regiments they may be in.

- Part 2 -

- Change current 'Alpha ARCs' (arc command) to 'NULL ARCs':
- Remove current arc exo job, rename current commander job to 'ARC NULL' and increase slots to 2. (both cmdr and exo will just use this job, keeps more simple)
- Remove current arc command models pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3034427257 (98mb)
- Replace with this model on the NULL job: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3119447601 (44mb)
^ saves 54mb of space

- Add armour pack entity to NULL job that can spawn in from menu: 'touch_pickup_752_armor_large'
^ was originally going to suggest medical and engineering stuff off back of delta being removed after recommended too by gens for spec ops stuff but steps on toes too much so thought small 25ahp armour packs would be a fair enough comprimise. Would only be used on ARC, gives a little bit of survivability with the very limited armour system atm, still very much reliable on medics for actual healing. Would just let us survive on our own for longer periods during spec ops so long as play careful. +reminder we gave up our jetpack that was infinatley more op than anything we could have whilst limited to walking.

Reason for Suggestion: Evil epic change.

- Wamblez approved in character side of suggestion if OOC part goes through.

Steam Links: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3119447601

Image/Videos Referenced:

New null model: 

image.png.d09ebb5ab39317835486834f3848b462.png 

Edited by Siren Head

Why not just add a Senior ARC Job similar to the Spec Officer Job?

This could contain a LT+ Wester with the respective Piece of Equipment. 

Also I think the rank "A-##" Idea is way to confusing to incorporate into the current Name Format:
If I take a Look at Brutal, how would his Name be? CG 1st LT ARC A-## 2346 Brutal? Or would it just be CG 1st LT A-## 2346 BrutaL? 

Considering the Lore Background of Alpha and Null ARCs, I feel like they wouldnt match being assigned to a Regiment since e.g the Alpha ARCs were kept in stasis until the Battle of Kamino and even afterwards operated as a sovereign Unit/Detachment. 

Speaking against the Idea of Null and Alpha ARCs is also the Rivalry between them. While the Alphas were loyal to the Republic, the NULLs were more loyal to Kal Skirata than the Republic. And speaking of Skirata, we already got rid of them since he was de facto useless. 

So making such a Connection here can backfire.

Overall I like the Idea of separating Senior ARCs and "Junior" ARCs but I guess this could be usefull when ARC has bigger Numbers than just 2 People (Command excluded)

57 minutes ago, LNK_Productions said:

Also I think the rank "A-##" Idea is way to confusing to incorporate into the current Name Format:
If I take a Look at Brutal, how would his Name be? CG 1st LT ARC A-## 2346 Brutal? Or would it just be CG 1st LT A-## 2346 BrutaL? 

Would be CG ARC 1st LT A-## Brutal 

12 hours ago, LNK_Productions said:

Considering the Lore Background of Alpha and Null ARCs, I feel like they wouldnt match being assigned to a Regiment since e.g the Alpha ARCs were kept in stasis until the Battle of Kamino and even afterwards operated as a sovereign Unit/Detachment. 

Speaking against the Idea of Null and Alpha ARCs is also the Rivalry between them. While the Alphas were loyal to the Republic, the NULLs were more loyal to Kal Skirata than the Republic. And speaking of Skirata, we already got rid of them since he was de facto useless. 

Just putting this out there, if we are sticking to lore, there would be no such thing as Senior ARCs and no way to be promoted through any structure in ARC. The idea suggested is how it used to work on old CW. We can take some creative liberties every now and again, it just gives people something recognisable to people, adds some interesting lore character opportunities into the game, etc. This can apply to most suggestions that aren't 100% lore accurate, as all it really does is make us a little more unique.

13 hours ago, LNK_Productions said:

Why not just add a Senior ARC Job similar to the Spec Officer Job?

This could contain a LT+ Wester with the respective Piece of Equipment. 

this is exactly what he is suggesting, just with a different name