Discord Username: Voidran

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61706540

Time Zone: BST

General Questions

Punishments: Negative

Microphone: Yes

Playtime: Unknown as of now, but many hours

Predicted Activity: Everyday depending on work schedule

Previous Event Staff Experience: Yes, about 5/6 years worth.
Senior Event planner on WG 2016-2018
Gamemaster on Project Renegade 2019
Gamemaster on Revitalized Roleplay 2020
Senior Gamemaster on Project Everfall 2021-2022

Reason to become Event Staff

I feel as if quite a lot of the events on Dauntless are a bit lackluster for the most part. Most of the time its the same old kill enemies push forward and win. I have plenty of experience of creating fun and new types of operations that playerbases in those other communities very much enjoyed and feel as if i can bring my ideas and gamemaster experiences to the table. I want to be able to help the team and potentially provide ideas and a ways the server can improve to increase the overall approval of the server from the community.

Also to add, i work great in a team, and can very much work alone as most of my gamemastering ive always ran on my own. Im used to running massive 2-3 hour long operations, where there is an goal that the the team has to achieve in the operation however i leave the team to come up with their own solutions on how to achieve said goal as i most of the time i try to make the most simple solution the hardest (i.e pushing straight through). With this as it comes down to their own choices, like in real life, not everything is a victory and a slight mistake or fuck up could lead to the failure of the mission where who knows what may happen.

Understandably, i am throwing a lot of negativity towards the server in terms of how events are run but as stated i have ideas on how to make things better which is why im putting this app in

Event Plan

I find base/ship events kind of restricting and basic but i will give it a shot.

Venator class ship Dauntless on their voyage for victory for the republic has come across a desolate and destroyed Munificent. After finding this and reporting to high command they are tasked with the identification of what happened and the salvage of anything useful.

After boarding the troopers would come to find a lot of eerie and spooky shit. Upon closer inspection it would appear that the muni's core suffered from a meltdown after some sort of emergency happened. Troopers would find scrap metal lying around everywhere and unfamiliar electronic devices.

From there it would be up to the command of what should be done whether to continue on with the investigation, say fuck it and move onto just salvaging anything and getting out, just completely pulling out altogether or whatever else the team may come up with.

With this ultimately the units could find datapads barely functioning with information on some type of new device and another for a new type of weapon. There would also be files that can only be decrpted by special forces for *REDACTED* and a in-tact monolith (can be interacted with in a certain way*

If this monolith was to be interacted with the troopers would hear a slight ringing even anybody still on the venator could still hear this and the monolith would start glowing. There would be consequences to remaining near the monolith (not to be disclosed just yet)

Next thing the people back on the venator would realise is a very unfamiliar cruiser hyperspacing into the AO. This ship would instantly start attacking and a radio comms over to the bridge would go from the enemy cruiser. A scientist would appear, if answered, stating and joking about the fact they stepped into his trap and other small details about how he needs more test subjects.

Depending on the outcome of the attack:
Republic Victory- Scientist flees
Unknown Faction- 5 players would be kidnapped and the next operation with this series would determine their fate
(Obviously this is a general sort of outcome there will be slight variations)

I would be hoping to do this event into a map change to another base/ship afterwards as a means of escape from what had happened. Saying this aswell depending on the outcomes and what is chosen there will be more parts to the operation.

The intel and salvaging would be marked down for future use of the operation as all of the info and salvage would be useful for later events.

Extra Information

None

image.png.62d1d916f76cbbce8c0a0d982de22a94.png

On behalf of the Event Team, we have decided to Accept your application, and would like to welcome you into the Event Staff.

Your mentor will be Senior Event Planner Boom.

Welcome to the team!

• Jaul locked this topic