Bunks Rayshield

Siren Head

Bunks Rayshield

In-Game Name: ARC EXO Fordo

Suggestion: Add Rayshield and Face Scanner to Spec Ops bunks for Vardos map.

Reason for Suggestion: Secrecy, keep Special Forces activities redacted. Prevents random CTs from interrupting tryouts and such held in there. Already had not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 intruders since being deployed to base. Would solve this issue nicely.

Image/Videos Referenced: None

Edited by Wamblez
Requested by Fordo

• Wamblez changed the title to Bunks Rayshield
1 minute ago, Engineer said:

AOS them

Unfortunately, AOSing someone doesn't prevent them from entering in the first place, only solves it afterwards. And it isn't a long term solution either, as we have already AOSed people for trespassing with nothing changing.

Brig has a keycard scanner, as does the HC Floor, ATC, CC and I believe even the AIC. They are all restricted areas, as is the Spec Ops Bunks, so I believe they should all be secured in the same way.

The only map I recall there being this face scanner is the Venator Extensive Map right?

I get why you'd want it, but to me it feels like the map might feel even more boxed in that it does already. Especially for ENL, theres like 3 rooms they can actually go in (Atrium, Lobby, CY)
Just being able to see the spec ops bunks helps a lot I think.
How about having the rayshield positioned here instead, so as to block off the Spec Ops Briefing Room as that's really the part where the super secret stuff goes down?

image.thumb.png.f8b4e4dd55399dc83ebc929e8fb0daf8.png

Edited by Iyori

6 hours ago, Renly said:

you guys constantly being pandered to

Is it pandering to CG that they get a scanner on Brig? What about 327th, High Command, hell the bloody Cadet Room and Main Gate? Why is it pandering when Spec Ops asks for things like that, but its just expected when its any other regiment?

As a member of CG, scanners are fine for use especially for special forces as I'd argue its necessary. Considering the role of special forces and the sensitivity of their work and also scanners can be shot and the door opened. CG has no issue with wanting extra security in this form.

I'd also like to highlight the fact that reservations on this matter do not provide any actual constructive criticism, and just hating on a special forces because its special forces.  Scanners are used base wide, so I see no actual reason why special forces cannot have a scanner.

And when it comes to pandering, I am confused what you mean by this? Special forces are supposed to be decently equipped if that is what you mean by "pandering". They have the right the same as everyone else to make suggestions, this suggestion is minor in the grand scheme of things. 

Edited by epsilonsvr

4 minutes ago, Renly said:

Special forces ask for as much as all of them added up RC have improved allot but arcs getting worse icl but this ain’t the place for that 

We are just aligning up with whats already there. Theres a Rayshield on the Venator, why can't there be one on the Base Map? I would like for the whole thing to be rayshieled, but even Kurishos idea of the two rooms at the back be rayshieled would be a fair compromise. Its only a Rayshield which puts the Clearence Level of the bunks into effect, it doesn't affect anyone apart from US.

===================================================
image.png.b9b1968f4052708e78aeb36e0fe9a535.png

After looking through this in the Republic Navy meeting, we have decided to have this suggestion be put:

ON HOLD

From the Republic Navy side, this does seem to be a difficult topic to tackle as we strive to retain neutral views on this. It will be reviewed next week with a member of High Command to finalize the decision.

-Captain Undenied

I know this is on hold but I personally think this is a great idea. As much as I hate all the face scanners that CG have access to that other regiments don't even at BC (such as the back end of brig).

It makes sense for SpecOps to have their area secured both lore wise and server wise.

HOWEVER; Navy & CG have access to the scanner as well to avoid it becoming a hiding place for AOSd ARCs (not saying it'd happen, but just as a precaution)

TL;DR: +1 - With certain adjustments

Edited by ziro
Added TL;DR

image.png.b9b1968f4052708e78aeb36e0fe9a535.png

After looking through this in the Republic Navy meeting, we have decided to have this suggestion be:

GRANTED

Despite the conflictions in this suggestion thread, it came to a majority of +1 votes when it came to this suggestion. The rayshield will be provided on Vardos, if we were to return there, and Senior Naval Command & High Command will have further discussion to see if this is to be applied on Anaxes 2.5.

-Captain Undenied