In-Character Name(s): 327th CPL 2146 Cryption

Discord Username: cryption

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:80981204

Time Zone: BST

General Questions

Punishments: Nope

Microphone: Yes

Playtime: No idea how to check.

Predicted Activity: I can dedicate a few hours a day as it stands at least, however some days maybe more than others.

Previous Event Staff Experience: It has been quite some time since I last did anything event related for Garry's Mod as it has been quite some time up until recent since I actually played the game. I have however spent the last 2-3 years making missions for Arma 3 Starsim which takes hours of preparation and thinking in order to get an operation running well and story driven. I have hosted smaller scale operations, and much larger scale operations of around 70 players or so.

Reason to become Event Staff

I would like to join the Dauntless Event Staff team for a few reasons really, first reason being that I have a decent amount of spare time on my hands at the moment and I feel like I could put that time to good use by assisting with the growth of the server and enjoyability of the players within the server by making high quality events. I'd also like to join the team because I've spent quite a few years working on making operations for Arma 3 Starsim and during that time I've had the opportunity to make some really high quality operations that more often than not have received overwhelmingly positive feedback. I know I have what it takes to come up with high quality storylines and to then put it into action. Although most of my "event" creation experience has come from Arma 3, it has allowed me to come up with high quality storylines that constantly progress and adapt depending on decisions made, this I believe is a useful skillset to have for someone looking to join your team. I'd also like to join the team because I feel that my ideas and how I'd like to host events would be unique, I've noticed quite a bit during my time playing that hostiles sometimes appear out of nowhere and get to places that it wouldn't make sense for them to get to which is something I personally am not a fan of and is something I would like to put into use as I believe it makes the events more enjoyable and gives more of a sense of realism.

Event Plan

Operation Shadows of Loyalty: The Unsettled Ties (Part I) - Ship Event

Event requires: 4x Event Characters (Lieutenant Riker & 3 CTs) & 1x Event Enemy (Pirate Captain) & a Co-Host.

Mission Briefing:
A fresh batch of Clone Troopers were sent on a mission with Naval Lieutenant Riker to gather supplies from a Cargo Vessel. Aboard the Cargo Vessel Lieutenant Riker and his troops were unfortunately ambushed by an unknown species, wiping out the majority of the squad he had with him leaving just him and 3 troopers surviving. They were set to be gathering the supplies and delivering them to a number of Venators in the sector, however, the plans have changed and they have been forced to board the flagship of the fleet. We're unsure of the exact reason as to how Lieutenant Riker and his surviving troops managed to make it out alive, one can only guess they got lucky and it was just meant to be. Lieutenant Riker will be dropping off some cargo with his surviving men and awaiting a fresh squad to be deployed to assist him further with his mission of delivering vital supplies to the fleet of Venators.

Mission:
The mission itself will be quite story driven, with little hints along the way in order to give a better understanding of what has happened.

Back story to avoid any confusion below (includes spoilers for the actual event):
- Lieutenant Riker is rogue, however his men do not know.
- The men surviving is due to a symbiosis, and the surviving men have become hosts to an infection (Mnggal Mnggal).

The Lieutenant and his troops will board the venator and drop off supplies (containing food, republic weapons, repair equipment, explosives). Once the Lieutenant has landed and the supplies have been unloaded he will flag (with a homing beacon) a pirate command ship to jump into the sector out of view of the fleet to avoid being immediately bombarded, and they will then launch an attack on the main flagship venator. The attack will just seem like a standard pirate attack and have nothing to do with the Lieutenant at hand. Over time the infected clones start to turn grey as a show of the symbiosis starting to exit the host and cause a mass infection on board the venator. Despite being infected, they still function as usual and do not become hostile, however, over time their health depletes and anyone near them also becomes infected and the same happening across anyone that becomes infected. After some time of the pirate attack and the infection (Mnggal Mnggal), a LAAT will arrive to pickup the Lieutenant with a fresh squad for him to continue his mission (the Pilot being rogue alongside the Lieutenant, basically using it as a way for the Lieutenant to escape before he is found out to be rogue by the Republic). The pirates conducting the attack will accidentally drop some important intel that will indicate Lieutenant Riker being rogue and that they were called to attack the venator by him with a homing beacon. Eventually the attack will then be repelled by the clone forces and everyone will go back to their day and carry on as usual.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Operation Shadows of Loyalty: The Oath of Betrayal (Part II) - Planetary Event

Event requires: 1x Event Character (Lieutenant Riker)

Mission Briefing:
With the escape of the rogue Lieutenant Riker, due to him using republic equipment we were able to track him to the planet of Balmorra. We believe he has setup high amounts of defences on the planet and is preparing for a long defence in order to prevent being captured. It is vital we capture the Lieutenant alive and do NOT kill him. The Lieutenant must answer for the crimes he has committed and he must be brought in for interrogation as we do not know what kind of information he may have given out.

Mission:
The mission would be a simple one, it would just be the Lieutenant and a force of pirates holding out on a long defence on the planet of Balmorra. The planet has multiple different areas of interest, those being scattered outposts, a communication relay, and the main operating base housing the Lieutenant. Due to the Lieutenant being on a retreat the mission would be an all out assault on the pirates trying their hardest to defend the Lieutenant at all costs so they can get further information out of him to assist with their newfound hatred for the republic after their drug shipment was seized in an earlier mission.

Extra Information

Although I do not currently use the Discord/Forums often I do intend on doing so (as I am new). I know I am also new to the community, but I can see myself being here for some time, I've enjoyed the experience I've had so far and I'd like to add to that as best I can. This type of position would also help to keep things new for me as I can not only take part in events but also hopefully create an enjoyable and different experience for users.

Edited by Cryption
Updated answers.

• Jaul locked this topic